Monday, November 23, 2009

Rest and LLS


Over the past few days I have tried to rest up my legs and already they feel much better. I have been doing lots of excersice on the bike and when I get back to school from thanksgiving break, then I will start running again. On Wednesday I registered with Team In Training, which is the group of marathoners who are running for and with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I have a fundraising goal of $2,400 that I must reach to participate in the race, and so far, all i have raised is 70 dollars. On wednesday I went to the cross-training meeting that the TNT group had at arcadia high school. It took me an hour and 15 minutes to get there taking the bus, but luckily, Megan, one of the mentors, was nice enough to drive me back to campus. There were a lot of people at the cross-training and everyone was super friendly. I met my coach and a bunch of other first time marathoners. This Saturday, at 7 am we had a team practice at Hahamunga park. I walked while other ran, but there were several other people who were walking too. It was good company, and I had a long chat with the coach as we discussed Leukemia and he told me how he lost his dad to non-hodgkins lymphoma. Afterwards there was a potluck and we all brainstormed fundraising ideas that we could do as a group. I had a lot of fun at the practice and everyone is just so nice. I got my Team In Training jersey and water bottle, so i will make sure to wear the jersey so people can ask me about it and I can try and raise more money that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment